I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go to the house of the Lord!” Our feet have been standing within your gates, O Jerusalem! Jerusalem—built as a city that is bound firmly together, to which the tribes go up, the
tribes of the Lord, as was decreed for Israel to give thanks to the name of the Lord. There thrones for judgment were set, the thrones of the house of David. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem “May they be secure who love
you! Peace be within your walls and security within your towers!” For my brothers and companions’ sake I will say, “Peace be within you!” For the sake of the house of the Lord our God, I will seek your good.
People loved by God, it is with great joy that we will be able to gather around our Lord’s Altar and receive His gifts again this weekend.
In order to comply with the CDC and government’s guidelines and to protect our neighbors and ourselves, it is extremely important that we agree to follow some specific guidelines for coming to church at Peace Lutheran this Sunday, May 3rd, 2020. Please read this carefully and in its entirety.
Starting Sunday, May 3rd, 2020, the church president, board of elders and Pastor have unanimously decided to resume Sunday services at our normal 9:30AM time. In addition to meeting at the Church, we will continue the live-stream on YouTube and Facebook beginning at 9:30AM for those who are not able to attend. Bible study, Sunday school and all other activities are still suspended.
These are the precautions that will be taken for Services:
- The CDC continues to issue guidance to all citizens to take precautions every day to guard against contracting the disease; specifically urging the population of older adults and people with serious underlying medical conditions to stay home. Please do not feel pressured to
- If anyone in your household has a fever or any kind of a sickness or a cold with a cough, please consider your neighbors’ needs and DO NOT attend at this time.
- Maintain social distancing (six feet) between members of different households . Suggest wearing a mask (bring your own) if you are comfortable with that.
- Please use the restroom facility at home prior to attending the service and if possible, please avoid using the restroom while at church. If the restroom must be used please clean it when finished.
- Do not enter the church building at the same time as other family groups. The entry doors should be propped open or have an attendant prior to the 9:30AM start time.
- Because the service will be live-streamed, it will end with prayers, a benediction and a closing hymn as well as a brief address to those watching online. Once the video is stopped, those in the church will then be able to receive Holy Communion. (We will not live-stream the
communion portion of the service.) Remember, the Lord gives you His body and blood for your good and by this meal He blesses and sustains both your body and soul. Trust Him at His Word regarding His meal.
Pastor is happy to meet privately for communion if you are concerned about gathering with others at church at this time. Please call the church office (605) 721-6480 to schedule a time.
- Maintaining the required social distancing guidelines of at least six (6) feet between family groups at all times, we have eighteen (18) full size pews available for our use in the sanctuary. There will always be one full empty pew between each family group. If needed we can utilize
the Fellowship Hall area to accommodate more worshipers. Please sit only with members of your own household.
- The service will be printed and you will not need to make use of a hymnal. Please take the printed service with you when you leave so that no one else has to clean those up.
- We will not be passing the offering plate, but the plate will be at the door and we continue to appreciate your gifts.
Thank you for your patience and your cooperation and your continued prayers! We look forward to seeing you and serving you with the Lord’s gifts in His house again!
Board of Elders